Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Canon EOS-1D Mark III – Remote Capture Settings
Camera Setup Instructions for Shutter Stream Software are as follows:
*Be sure to first Clear All Camera Settings in the Menu Options
1. Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M)
2. Set Image Quality to JPG (any image quality – preferably Large should maximum resolution images be preferred) or JPG+RAW should RAW image format be required (note Shutter Stream does not have the ability to Crop RAW images)
Additional Camera Information:
Live View Exposure Simulation: Yes
Live View Window Size: Max 1024 x 680
Camera Settings Available: Aperture, Shutter Speed, White Balance, ISO, Manual Focal Point Adjustment
Product Info: User Guide and Additional Information can be found on the manufacturers website: see here
3. Set Auto Power Off to Off (required)
4. Set Auto Rotate to Off (required)
5. Set Lens to Auto Focus (AF switch on Lens). Alternatively should user prefer to physically adjust focal point manually, leave the lens in Manual Focus (MF)
6. Set AF Point Selection to Automatic Selection (not required)
7. Remove the cameras SD/CF memory card
8. Set Drive Mode to Single Shooting (required)
9. Set Live View Exposure Simulation to On (required)
10. Set Release shutter without card to On or Enable (required)
11. Disable any default or autorun or remote capture applications that might take control of your camera when plugged in through USB. These will often compete with the Shutter Stream program and take control of the camera –not allowing Shutter Stream to communicate with the camera (required).
Windows – Check AutoPlay Settings and set camera default to ‘Ask me Every Time‘ OR ‘Take no Action‘
Mac – Open iPhoto, go to its Preferences and select Connection camera opens: No application.
Other imaging applications can interfere with camera communication. Please also check these to ensure they are not taking control of your camera.
12. If you have Anti-Virus Software, be sure to white-list Shutter Stream so that it may access your camera