Nikon Camera Control Software: Z7
Please follow the steps below for setting up your compatible Nikon camera prior to working with Shutter Stream Product Photography Software.
Nikon Z7 – Camera Control Software Settings
Additional Camera Information:
Live View Exposure Simulation: Yes
Live View Window Size: Max 1024 x 680
Camera Settings Available: Aperture, Shutter Speed, White Balance, ISO, Manual Focal Point Adjustment
Product Info: User Guide and Additional Information can be found on the manufacturers website: see here
Camera Setup Instructions for Shutter Stream Remote Capture Software are as follows:
*Be sure to first Reset Shooting Menu in the Menu Options
1. Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M)
2. Set Image Quality to JPG (any image quality – preferably Fine should maximum resolution images be preferred) or JPG+NEF should NEF image format be required (note Shutter Stream does not have the ability to Crop NEF images)
3. Set Lens to Auto Focus (AF switch on Lens). Alternatively should user prefer to physically adjust focal point manually, leave the lens in Manual Focus (MF). It is also suggested to use Focus Mode to AF-S
4. If your camera has Auto Power Off or Auto off Timers (in the Timers/AE Lock Menu) please set these to Off or Long
5. Set Auto Image Rotation to Off
6. Remove the cameras SD/CF memory card
7. If using flash/strobes, set Silent Live View Photography to Off
8. Disable any default or autorun or remote capture applications that might take control of your camera when plugged in through USB. These will often compete with the Shutter Stream program and take control of the camera –not allowing Shutter Stream to communicate with the camera.
Windows – Check AutoPlay Settings and set camera default to ‘Ask me Every Time‘ OR ‘Take no Action‘
Mac – Open iPhoto/Image Capture, go to its Preferences and select Connection camera opens: No application.
Other imaging applications can interfere with camera communication. Please also check these to ensure they are not taking control of your camera.
9. If you have Anti-Virus Software, be sure to white-list Shutter Stream so that it may access your camera