Nikon Camera Control Software: D850
Please follow the steps below for setting up your compatible Nikon camera prior to working with Shutter Stream Product Photography Software.
Nikon D850 – Remote Capture Software Settings
Additional Camera Information:
Live View Exposure Simulation: Yes
Live View Window Size: Max 1024 x 680
Camera Settings Available: Aperture, Shutter Speed, White Balance, ISO, Manual Focal Point Adjustment
Product Info: User Guide and Additional Information can be found on the manufacturers website: see here
Camera Setup Instructions for Shutter Stream Remote Capture Software are as follows:
*Be sure to first Reset Shooting Menu in the Menu Options: Hold down QUAL and Exposure button together for more than 2 seconds.
1. Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M): Press the MODE button and rotate the main command dial until M appears.
2. Set Image Quality to JPEG (any image quality – preferably Fine should maximum resolution images be preferred) or JPG+NEF should NEF image format be required (note Shutter Stream does not have the ability to Crop NEF images)
3. Set Lens to Auto Focus (AF switch on Lens). Alternatively should user prefer to physically adjust focal point manually, leave the lens in Manual Focus (MF)
4. Set Live View Exposure Simulation (video): Rotate the live view selector to 📷 then press the Lv button.
5. Disable Auto Power Off: Press Menu, Custom Setting Menu, Timers/ AE lock, Standby timer, No limit.
6. Set Auto Image Rotation to Off:Press Menu, Setup Menu, Auto image rotation OFF. *Insert attached picture if you’d like
7. Remove the SD/CF memory card.
7. Remove the cameras SD/CF memory card
8. Set the Live view selector (on back of camera) to Live view photography.
9. Disable any autorun or remote capture applications that might take control of your camera when plugged in through USB. These will often compete with the Shutter Stream program and take control of the camera –not allowing Shutter Stream to communicate with the camera.
Windows – Check AutoPlay Settings and set camera default to ‘Ask me Every Time‘ OR ‘Take no Action‘
Mac – Open iPhoto, go to its Preferences and select Connection camera opens: No application.
Other imaging applications can interfere with camera communication. Please also check these to ensure they are not taking control of your camera.
10. If you have Anti-Virus Software, be sure to white-list Shutter Stream so that it may access your camera