Canon Camera Control Software: EOS 550D / EOS Digital Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4
Please follow the steps below for setting up your compatible Canon camera prior to working with Shutter Stream Product Photography Software.
Canon EOS 550D / Digital Rebel T2i / Kiss X4 – Remote Capture Camera Settings
Additional Camera Information:
Live View Exposure Simulation: Yes
Live View Window Size: Max 1056 x 704
Camera Settings Available: Aperture, Shutter Speed, White Balance, ISO, Manual Focal Point Adjustment
Product Info: User Guide and Additional Information can be found on the manufacturers website: see here
Camera Setup Instructions for Shutter Stream Remote Capture Software are as follows:
*Be sure to first Clear All Camera Settings in the Menu Options
1. Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M)
2. Set Image Quality to JPG (any image quality – preferably Large should maximum resolution images be preferred) or JPG+RAW should RAW image format be required (note Shutter Stream does not have the ability to Crop RAW images)
3. Set Auto Power Off to Off (required)
4. Set Auto Rotate to Off (required)
5. Set Lens to Auto Focus (AF switch on Lens). Alternatively should user prefer to physically adjust focal point manually, leave the lens in Manual Focus (MF)
6. Set AF Point Selection to Automatic Selection
7. Remove the cameras SD/CF memory card
8. Set the Live View shooting/Movie shooting button to Live View Shooting
9. Set Release shutter without card to ON or Enable
10. Set Live View shooting AF mode to Quick mode or Live mode (but NOT face detection mode)
11. Set Auto Lighting Optimizer to Off
12. Disable any default or autorun or remote capture applications that might take control of your camera when plugged in through USB. These will often compete with the Shutter Stream program and take control of the camera –not allowing Shutter Stream to communicate with the camera.
Windows – Check AutoPlay Settings and set camera default to ‘Ask me Every Time‘ OR ‘Take no Action‘
Mac – Open iPhoto, go to its Preferences and select Connection camera opens: No application.
Other imaging applications can interfere with camera communication. Please also check these to ensure they are not taking control of your camera.
13. If you have Anti-Virus Software, be sure to white-list Shutter Stream so that it may access your camera